Search Judaica, Jewish Jewelry and Jewish Books
 

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Zero Mostel

[Commenting on Jim Henson's Muppets:] "He has the best possible actors. If you have a disagreement with them, you can always use them to wash your car."

"If people know your name, you're famous. If they only know your face, it doesn't count. It's the name. One reason I became Zero was so if I accomplished only a middle level of fame, I still wouldn't be a zero. If you know my name, how can I be a zero? Smart, huh?"

"Jerome Robbins may be a talented choreographer, but he is no mensch. It's thanks to him and people like him that Jack Gilford and I and countless others were blacklisted during the McCarthy era. I never thought, during the 1950s, that someday I'd ever work with Jerome Robbins. I also never thought I'd work again, period."

[On the success of "Fiddler on the Roof"] "You don't give awards to the show, you give the awards to ME!"


Jewish Biography
: Zero Mostel

No comments: